Become a Volunteer
The co-founders of Soda City Comic Con really appreciate all of our volunteers that have helped us in the past. You have truly been an important part of Soda City Comic Con’s success.
If you would like to be a volunteer for Soda City Comic Con 2018, we would love to hear from you.
Volunteers get a free t-shirt and earn a free weekend pass for two, when they commit to 10 hours during the convention and a lunch voucher for the day or days that you work mover than 5 hours that day.
Here are some of the departments open to volunteers:
- Exhibitor / Artist Registration
- Exhibitor / Artist Set up and breakdown
- Ticket Sales
- Security/ Bag and Props. Costume check
- Panels Rooms –AV and room conduct
- Screening rooms- AV and Room conduct
- Exhibit Hall and Pre-function area monitors
- Cosplay Contests
- Activity Rooms
- Step and Repeat Banner/Photo Ops
- Tabletop Gaming Room
Register to Become a VolunteerWe are no longer accepting volunteer applications. We hope you will be able to help us next year.
Thank you to everyone who has volunteered!
More Info about Volunteering:
Soda City Comic Con is looking for volunteers to make this the best Soda City Comic Con to date. We are looking for volunteers who would like to donate time, talent and expertise in order to gain behind the scene access to the convention and an opportunity to meet other volunteers who have the same interests and passions for the comics, anime and pop-culture community.
There are many different opportunities at the con. Some of the volunteer positions call for specific skills and experience, but many will only need enthusiasm, dedication, trust, and creativity. If this sounds like an opportunity for you please complete the Volunteer Form and send it to us. The earlier you send, the better.
If you are interested in an internship with Soda City Comic Con to gain some career experience as a volunteer, please email Volunteer@Sodacitycomiccon.com directly with your information. We ask for a resume and references as well as details on the areas interest to work in.
All Volunteers will be required to meet twice prior to Soda City Comic Con to go over requirements, and safety protocols.
For further information regarding volunteering, before or after the convention, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to gain free admission to Soda City Comic Con, volunteers are expected to contribute a minimum of 10 hours over the weekend. Volunteers will also receive a Soda City Comic Con Volunteer Thank You Gift. Each volunteer will be expected to check in and out with their track director and the volunteer coordinator each day to register hours contributed. Single day admission bands will be given each day based on the number of hours worked. After the completion of 10 volunteer hours, a volunteer can return to the volunteer desk to get Volunteer Thank You Gift. This gift includes an Event T-shirt, Weekend Pass, and other prizes and gifts from the show.
No task is overlooked or under-appreciated. If you are interested in volunteering at Soda City Comic Con, the following must be completed and understood:
1. A Volunteer form submitted
2. You must be 18 years old or over.
3. Volunteer Team t-shirts are to be worn ONLY during your scheduled shifts.
4. Most volunteer positions are easy to learn and do not require any previous experience in order to qualify for the assignment. Volunteers assist in all areas of the convention, from assisting staff, special events, running errands, registration,
5. Please help promote a safe and healthy environment while volunteering. Refrain from any deliberate act that may create danger, or an unhealthy situation towards any individual. This includes use of illegal drugs, consumption of alcoholic beverages, assaulting another individual or disregarding their safety. If you know of anyone, who might be under the influence or conducting bad behavior, please report to Soda City Comic Con staff or security.
To be considered for volunteering at Soda City Comic Con 2018, please fill out the volunteer form.
If you have any questions not regarding volunteering, please contact us at email@example.com or call 803.269.4411